Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.

Phone guide tips

Specific questions

Call the transportation region that serves your county with questions regarding specific highway projects. For questions related to motor vehicles, contact the Madison phone center at (608) 264-7447. Also see State Patrol offices.

Voicemail instructions

If you reach a voice mailbox, listen for further instructions, press 0 to get to someone who can take a message, or leave a message. For information on other state agencies, contact your local library or visit www.wisconsin.gov.

Teletype assistance

If you need this printed information interpreted or in a different form, or if you need assistance in using this service, call 7-1-1. TTY (teletype) numbers listed are telephone devices for persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, have speech impairments, etc.


Note - these abbreviations are used in the phone guide for state departments:
DATCP - Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection
DNR - Department of Natural Resources
DOA - Department of Administration
DOR - Department of Revenue
HFSTB - Hill Farms State Transportation Building, 4802 Sheboygan Avenue

Questions about the content of this page:
Office of Public Affairs, opa.exec@dot.wi.gov

Last modified: April 22, 2014

All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.