Wisconsin Department of Transportation

Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.

Online insurance filings by underwriters

Wisconsin has an online application that allows insurance underwriters to file motor carrier insurance. To get set up follow the steps below.

If you do not yet have a WAMS user ID, follow both steps A and B. If you already have an active WAMS user ID, skip to Step B.

A. Create and activate a WAMS User ID

  1. Register yourself with the State of Wisconsin Web Access Management System (WAMS) at https://on.wisconsin.gov. We suggest you make your ID and password something you can easily remember. You must maintain your password at the on.wisconsin.gov site. You must register as an individual and the Applicant Name on the access agreement must match the user ID name.
  2. The Wisconsin Web Access Management System (WAMS) will then send you an email verifying your registration. The notification will also tell you how to activate your ID. Please read this email and follow the instructions.
  3. Each individual user needs their own user ID and must request their own access.

B. Complete the Cats Access Agreement (MV2424) sections 1 through 7. The security officer signature would be whoever is authorizing the user to make Wisconsin insurance filings. If you wish access to make filings for multiple insurance companies, feel free to attach a supporting document providing the insurance company names and Fein numbers.

Please email back the completed access agreement to irp-ifta@dot.wi.gov or fax to (608) 266-6689. Access will be granted and you will receive via email the URL and some tips and tricks.

For future reference:

If you have questions, please call (608) 266-9900.

Questions about the content of this page:
Motor Carrier Services, irp-ifta@dot.wi.gov
Last modified: July 1, 2014

All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.