Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Airport pre-qualification and approval to bid individual projects
- Carefully review each airport bid advertisement
to determine the correct prequalification statement submittal requirement for
the specific project you are intending to bid. Submission of the
proper form prior to the deadline established in the advertisement
is critical. There are three (3) distinctly different types of
prequalification's that may be designated for an airport project.
- DOT Bureau of Project Development (AKA: DOT Highways prequalification): This is the primary method used to establish prequalification for airport work. Bureau of Project Development pre-qualification information.
- DOT Bureau of Aeronautics (AKA: BOA short form): This prequalification is used for all building/architectural projects, small grading/paving civil projects, air navigational aid projects and airfield lighting or other specialty projects. When this form is appropriate, the form is included into the project specifications/bid proposal for your use or can be downloaded here: prequalification form
- DOT Bureau of Aeronautics Aviation fueling system prequalification and experience form. This prequalification is used for all fueling installation projects. This form will be included in all fuel system project specifications/bid proposal for your use or can be downloaded here: Aviation fueling system prequalification and experience form.
- The appropriate prequalification form MUST be received prior to the deadline date as stated in the bid advertisement. For Aeronautics “Short Form” prequalification’s, a fax copy [608-267-6748] will be accepted ONLY to establish compliance with the time and date deadline. The time & date stamp on the fax will provide this evidence. However, an original signed and notarized prequalification statement is required in order to complete the processing. No approval will be issued until receipt of the original prequalification statement is received.
- Written response of the prequalification determination will be provided by the department listing the result of the determination and the expiration date of the prequalification.
Acceptance of bid
- In order to be assured your bid will be accepted and opened for a specific project; the bidder must mail or fax [608-267-6748] the request to bid/current workload form to the DOT Bureau of Aeronautics. This form should be completed & submitted as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours prior to the bid. Once this form is approved by the Bureau, written notification will be provided to the contractor and the firm's name will be added to the anticipated bidders list
- The workload form is to be submitted for EACH project intended to be bid. No bid will be accepted or opened from a firm without first being properly prequalified as stated above. In addition, a contract will not be awarded until the workload information is provided and approved..
- Bids will be accepted at the place and time stated in the contract documents. Bids received after the stated time will be returned unopened. NO EXCEPTIONS!
For questions regarding pre-qualifications requirements email Tom DeWinter, firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608) 266-8073.
All qualification information will be considered confidential.
Questions about the content of this
Thomas DeWinter, email@example.com
Last modified: February 4, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.