Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Wisconsin User ID
- What is a Wisconsin User ID?
- What do I need to create a Wisconsin User ID?
- How do I create a Wisconsin User ID?
- What do I do if my Wisconsin User ID does not work?
The Wisconsin User ID that you will create is your personal ID. It can be used to access Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) applications as well as extranet applications created by other State of Wisconsin agencies. Your Wisconsin User ID can be used for your personal business and on behalf of a business partner. Do not share your Wisconsin User ID or password with others.
You will need a Wisconsin User ID and password to access information made available through the Extranet Gateway. Use the "Register your Wisconsin User ID" link on the the bottom of the log in page to self-register for a Wisconsin User ID. If you do not see the link, you can also create your Wisconsin User ID at the Wisconsin self registration site.
You must have an accessible, valid, and unique email address to complete the self-registration process. If you do not have an email address, several vendors provide free email accounts.
There is no charge for your Wisconsin User ID.
You can create your Wisconsin User ID at the Wisconsin self registration site.
The self-registration process for a Wisconsin User ID consists of two parts:
Part 1: Begin the registration process.
Complete the registration form by entering your profile, account and account recovery information. Click Submit. You should receive an email confirmation from "Help@Wisconsin.gov" within a few minutes. Once you receive the email confirmation, proceed to Part 2.
Part 2: Activate your account.
Click the Web link in your email confirmation. This link will take you to the Account Activation page. Log in using your new Wisconsin User ID and password to activate your account.
Important! You must complete Part 2 of the process within four (4) days of beginning the registration process (Part 1) or you will have to start the self-registration process again.
- Password tips
- Problems creating a Wisconsin User ID
- Problems logging in
- 403 access denied/not authorized to use
- Locked account
Your password is good for 30 years. However, if you wish to change your password for whatever reason, a link to make the update is located at the bottom of the log in page.
- Does your Wisconsin User ID have at least 5 characters including at least one numeric character? For example, Sally9 is valid, Sallynine is not. Use a valid password.
- If you see the message: "The email address you entered has already been registered and cannot be used by another person.", it is likely that you already have a Wisconsin User ID. Use the "Forgot your Password?" link at the bottom of the log in page and enter your email address. You will be asked to provide the answer to the User Secret Question. By providing the correct secret answer, you will be able to recover and use the Wisconsin User ID that you created earlier.
- If neither of these solutions solves your problem, send an email to email@example.com.
- Confirm that you are typing your Wisconsin User ID correctly.
- If you are unsure of the password or Wisconsin User ID, use the "Forgot your Password?" link at the bottom of the log in page.
- Verify that the URL is typed completely and correctly.
- You may be trying to use an application that also requires authorization. Request authorization from the appropriate WisDOT business contact. If you are unsure who that is, contact the WisDOT Computer Support Help Desk.
Wisconsin User ID accounts become locked after several failed log in attempts. Usually these failures are due to forgotten or mistyped passwords. If your account is invalid or locked out, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the above tips did not resolve your problem:
For problems creating a Wisconsin User ID, changing your password, or unlocking or resetting your Wisconsin User ID, send an email to email@example.com.
Telephone (608) 266-9434
When a technician answers the phone, please have this information available:
- Your name.
- Your Wisconsin User ID (you do not need to give your password). If you are not sure what your Wisconsin User ID is, provide the email address you used when creating the Wisconsin User ID.
- The company you are with.
- Do you get a login prompt?
- The name of the application you are accessing over the WisDOT extranet.
- The URL that you are using to get to the application. If you are following a link from another page, it is helpful to let the Help Desk know what that page is.
- Have you logged in successfully before? Approximately when was that?
- Describe the error or symptom as clearly as you can. For example, stating "After typing in my Wisconsin User ID and password, I see a blank screen" is more effective than saying "I try to use the application and nothing happens."
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.