Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Property and right of way use
To keep state highways safe and efficient, the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) controls their use. This includes various work within highway right of way as well as restrictions on the placement of signs along highways.
- Auction/sale of surplus real estate - information on how to acquire WisDOT surplus land and buildings, which may include: bid packets, photos, property descriptions and auction dates
- Memorials on state highways
- Outdoor Advertising Program - outdoor advertising signs located on private property
- Outdoor Advertising
- Permits for state highway right of way - utility, state highway connection (driveways, roads/streets) and work on highway right of way
- Utility Accommodation Policy
- Utility permits on WisDOT railroad property
- Regional railroad coordinators
- Temporary work and non-utility use of WisDOT railroad property
- Signs-directional and informational - motorist services signs located on highway right of way
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.