Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
CDL online services
- Certify (or verify that you have completed) your category (tier) of commercial operation
- Upload (or verify that you have completed) your FedMed card
- Public Abstract Request System (PARS) - A secure service that allows accountholders to receive driver record abstracts quickly and easily online
- Download the Commercial Driver License (CDL) practice test mobile app.
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) - How to apply - Steps and requirements to obtain your CDL
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) - Overview - What is a commercial vehicle, Wisconsin law requirements and the driver license classes A, B, C, D and M
- Changes affecting CDLs in 2010
- Wisconsin Commercial Driver's Manual
- Disqualifications - CDL, hazmat and school bus disqualifications
- Endorsements - For specific types of operation like school bus, tankers, passenger vehicles, etc.
- Hazardous materials - Regulations and requirements to transport hazardous materials
- Mailing address - How to change your mailing address
- Medical requirements - For commercial drivers
- Military CDL waiver - How to use your military experience to obtain a CDL
- Motor carriers and trucking - One-stop trucker information
- Pre-trip and road tests - A list of third-party skills testers in Wisconsin
- School bus - Licensing requirements and the definition of a school bus or alternative vehicle
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: February 6, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.