Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Request your driver record online
Before you begin:
- This system allows you to download your driving record abstract using Adobe Acrobat Reader. The abstract can then be printed and/or saved to your computer. You will not be mailed an abstract.
- You cannot cancel an online transaction nor receive a refund once the transaction is completed. Please verify that you have entered the information correctly, prior to completing payment information.
- You will be charged $5.50 for each record. This includes an online convenience fee of 50 cents.
- If an address change is needed, you must change your address PRIOR to beginning your driver record request.
- You may also request a driver record abstract via the mail.
To use this online application
- You must currently hold (or have previously held) a Wisconsin driver license or identification card.
Wisconsin driver record abstract (driving record)
- Contains your driving history for a specific period of time.
- Most entries remain on your record for five years, except for serious offenses or alcohol related convictions, which remain on your record for 55 years.
To request your driver record online you need:
- If available, your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and date of birth.
- If you do not know your driver license or identification card number, you will need to enter your proper name including first, last and middle initial, your complete Social Security number, and date of birth.
- The following cards are accepted: VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Note: Once the online transaction is completed you cannot cancel the transaction, nor receive a refund.
ID card information and certain information on juveniles (such as convictions or withdrawals for juvenile alcohol and truancy) are confidential and will otherwise only be released to courts, law enforcement and, in some cases, parents or guardians. If you want this information to appear on your driver record abstract, you will need to provide the following:
- Your Wisconsin driver license number or Wisconsin identification card number.
- Social Security number.
- Date of birth.
- Product Identification number: The Product ID is an 11-digit number found on the back of your Wisconsin identification card or driver license. If you do not have this information available, you will not be able to request a driver record displaying confidential information.
Certified copies for courts
- This application does not certify records for use in court proceedings.
- If you need a certified copy of your vehicle record, please complete the MV2896 (Vehicle/Driver Record Information Request form) and submit along with the appropriate fee to the address listed on the form.
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: November 6, 2012
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.