Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Requirements for starting a driver training school
Commercial (for-profit) driver training schools and instructors are licensed and regulated by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. There are specific requirements for becoming a licensed driver training school and/or instructor. The requirements are listed below, along with applicable links to forms and other information. Any questions should be directed to email@example.com.
- Approved school name
- Bond (MV3764) or bond alternative (MV3755)
- Business insurance ($500,000 minimum coverage)
- Classroom certification (MV3684)
- Course summary
- Customer contract/agreement
- Customer record cards
- Driver school application and fee (MV3110)
- Driver training school vehicle record form (MV3264)
- Fee schedule
- Instructor application and fee (MV3112)
- Office certification (MV3683)
- Vehicle insurance ($500,000/$500,000/$50,000 minimum coverage)
Join our listserv below to receive periodic updates on law changes effecting driver training schools and/or instructors!
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Driver Training Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: August 18, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.