Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Office certification (MV3683)
Whether located in a business area or home, the office must have:
- Adequate lighting, temperature control and ventilation
- Zoned properly for business use
- At least 1500 feet from any DMV road test site
- Access to restroom facilities
- Sufficient space with the equipment and personnel to properly maintain and store records required by WI Stat 343.71
Additional requirements for a home office include:
- That it be visited and approved by a department representative prior to self-certification
- That it be a separate room with direct access to the exterior (schools licensed prior to January 1, 2007 are exempt)
- Zoning verification allowing an office in a non-traditional business location
- That it not allow students in the office unless accompanied by a parent or sponsor
A driver school shall have a listed telephone number for the driver training school in the school's name. It cannot consist solely of a telephone answering service.
A school may have more than one office location. All forms and fees required for opening a new office, apply to a branch office including:
- Driver School Application (MV3110)
- Driver Training School Office Certification (MV3683)
- Fee for school license applies to each branch
All records for the branch office must be kept in that space.
Questions about the content of this page:
WisDOT Driver Training Schools, email@example.com
Last modified: August 18, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.