Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Electronic Notification Qualifications
Online services will be unavailable due to maintenance Sunday, November 23, from midnight to 6 a.m. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Email license plate/registration renewal notices include a link to renew your registration online. You must subscribe at least 3 months before your plates expire to ensure receipt of an email renewal notice for the vehicle instead of a paper notice.
The following vehicles qualify for email license plate/registration renewals:
- Buses (except school buses) registered at 54,000 lbs. gross weight or less
- Farm trucks registered at 54,000 lbs. gross weight or less
- Human service vehicles
- Low-speed vehicles
- Motor homes registered at any gross weight
- Motorcycles and mopeds
- Recreational vehicle trailers
- Special plates for autos, light trucks and motor homes (e.g., Packers, Endangered Resources, Military, etc.)
- Tractors registered at 54,000 lbs. gross weight or less
- Trailers registered at any gross weight
- Trucks registered at 54,000 lbs. gross weight or less
Email license plate/registration renewals will not be sent for the following vehicles/conditions.
- Buses, tractors and trucks registered over 54,000 lbs. gross weight (except Special Z and Special X plates). You will continue to receive paper renewal notices.
- Vehicles that have been out of operation more than three years, for annual registrations, or four years for biennial registrations
- The primary owner or primary lessee is not subscribed to eNotify. You will continue to receive paper renewal notices.
Please check license plate renewal options to renew by mail or in person for plates that do not qualify for eNotify and do not qualify to be renewed online.
Questions about the content of this page:
Telephone: (608) 266-1466
Last modified: May 2, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.