Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Duplicate or replacement license plate stickers
You can obtain duplicate or replacement license plate sticker(s) by contacting the Bureau of Vehicle Services. Include the following information:
- The vehicle year, make and identification number (VIN #)
- The license plate number and type of sticker needed
- Your full name, including your middle initial, (if any)
- Your complete mailing address, including city, state and zip code
- An e-mail address and/or telephone number, including area code, where you can be reached between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, in case we need to contact you for additional information
To apply by telephone call (608) 266-1466. Please have your license plate number or vehicle identification number ready.
The sticker requested will be mailed to you the next business day.
Questions? Contact us: Wisconsin DMV email service
Last modified: August 8, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.