Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Roadside Sponsorship Program
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) initiated the State Highway Maintenance and Operations Sponsorship Program as an innovative source of financing for maintenance and highway-related services. The Roadside Sponsorship Program is part of this initiative. The program is intended to provide opportunities to meet state highway service expectations that have either become unsustainable due to budget limitations or as a result of other demands for services that exceed the funded service level.
- Recognition will be offered to a person, business or other entity for monetary contribution to the maintenance of highway roadsides.
- Sponsors will receive recognition with their logos displayed on acknowledgement signs.
- Highway segments will receive an increased level of roadside maintenance.
- State Statute Chapter 84.01(36) outlines the sponsorship agreement details.
General sponsor guidelines
- Complete and submit the Proposal Form (DT1210).
- A minimum proposal will be determined on a site by site basis.
- The proposals will be opened on the identified date of opening.
- The most advantageous competitive proposal as determined by the department will be awarded the contract. The department may reject all proposals if the submittals are determined to be less than the estimated reasonable value to the department or not in the public interest.
- The awarded contracts will be in place for a minimum of two years.
- Each sponsor will receive two acknowledgement signs: one in each direction of travel, placed near each end of the segment.
- The sign will show your logo. Sign size is 4 x 6 feet and logo area is 2 x 4 feet.
- Final logos will be approved by the Department. No website addresses and phone numbers are allowed, per The Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
- The sponsor agreement will begin after first payment and acknowledgement signs are installed.
- WisDOT will use existing service providers to provide the services for the Roadside Sponsorship Program. The service providers include county highway departments and local municipalities.
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
Christa Wollenzien, email@example.com
Last modified: February 5, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.