Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Transit procurement procedures
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT), as the designated recipient of federal grant funds, is responsible for ensuring that sub-recipients are aware of and comply with federal procurement requirements such as starting any purchase with an independent cost estimate and concluding it with a documented, fair and reasonable price.
There are several resources available to sub-recipients regarding procurement processes, including the WisDOT Procurement Manual, FTA Best Practices Procurement Manual, federal circular FTA C 4220.1F – Third Party Contracting Guidance, and National RTAP’s (Rural Transit Assistance Program) ProcurementPRO system.
Before procurements are initiated, sub-recipients should review these resources and work with the WisDOT Transit Procurement Manager to ensure appropriate steps are followed.
General procurement processes
Required procurement processes vary based on the type and anticipated dollar amount of the commodity or service. Each of the different processes are listed below, with sample toolkits included for micro-purchases and small purchases, as well as a supplemental guide for minivan procurements. Follow the links below for more detailed information for larger purchases and Human Service Vehicle procurements.
Appendices to be submitted to WisDOT prior to making micro- or small purchases are available in Word format, except for Applicable Clauses documents, which remain in PDF format to retain document integrity.
Important: The following document(s) are in Word format unless otherwise noted.
- Micro-purchases - procurements $3,000 or less
- Small purchase toolkit
- procurements more than $3,000, but not greater than $49,999
- Appendix A – Independent Cost Estimate
- Appendix B – Sole Source Justification
- Appendix C – Request for Quotation
- Appendix D – Micro and Small Purchase Abstract
- Appendix E – Price Analysis and Reasonableness
- Appendix F – Bidder’s List
- Appendix G – Micro and Small Procurement History File Checklist
- Appendix H – Clauses Applicable to Small Purchases
- Minivan purchase guide - procurements of any value
- Invitation for Bid (IFB)/Request for Proposal (RFP) – procurements of $50,000 and greater
- Shared-Ride Taxi Procurements
- Human Service Vehicle Procurements (5310 subrecipients or 5311 piggyback purchases)
Questions about the content of this page:
Debra Adamski Pavloski, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: August 29, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.