Meeting scheduled for WIS 76 construction in Greenville
February 17, 2014
Project planned for 2021
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing a public involvement meeting for WIS 76 from WIS 15 to County JJ in Greenville, Outagamie County. The meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, February 26 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Greenville Town Hall, W6860 Parkview Drive, Greenville, WI. A short presentation is planned for 5:40 p.m.
The meeting will follow an open house format with WisDOT available to answer questions. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting, provide input and ask questions concerning this project. Maps showing the proposed improvement alternatives will be on display. WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project on an individual basis.
This project is needed because the roadway has reached the end of its service life. Plans call for reconstructing approximately two miles of WIS 76 from a rural to urban highway including:
- New traffic signals at the intersection of WIS 15 and WIS 76
- Delineation of bike lanes on WIS 76 from Parkview Drive to Everglade Road
- Reconstruction from a rural roadway with ditches to an urban roadway with curb and gutter, along with bike lanes and pedestrian accommodations.
- Construction of a shared-use path along WIS 76 from Everglade Road to Glenn Valley Road.
- Reconstruction of the intersection of WIS 76 and County JJ with either a roundabout or an all-way stop control.
Work is scheduled for 2021. WIS 76 will be closed during construction with access maintained to all homes and businesses.
Members of the public unable to attend the meeting or wanting more information can contact Ed Hoefferle at (920) 492-7702. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Ed Hoefferle at 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Ed Hoefferle at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Kim Rudat, WisDOT NE Region Communications
(920) 492-5743, email@example.com