Verona Road Project weekly construction update: August 25 to 29
August 22, 2014
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather-dependent and subject to change.
Over the past few weeks, various construction projects related to the Verona Road (US 18/151) Project were completed, and will no longer be included in these weekly construction updates. Those projects involved Beltline lane closures between Gammon Road and Whitney Way, Seminole Highway and Todd Drive, intersection improvements, and more.
Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Regardless of any roadwork inconvenience, please continue to patronize area businesses in the Verona Road work zone.
Note: The Verona Road work zone speed limit is 30 mph between the Beltline and Raymond Road. For everyone's safety, please drive with caution through the work zones.
Verona Road work
- Two lanes open to traffic (in each direction) on new northbound lanes, between the Beltline and
- View the traffic staging plans.
- Work zone speed limit is 30 mph. Drive with caution through the work zones.
- NOTE: Frontage road speed limits are typically 25 mph. Drive with caution on the frontage roads, especially Britta Parkway.
- Daytime work on Verona Road southbound and the frontage roads.
- Work to occur approximately 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. (August 25 to 29)
- Summary of construction activities.
- NOTE: The delivery of steel girders will take place on a daily basis throughout the week,
starting Monday (August 25) during normal business hours.
- No delays are anticipated for these deliveries.
- Freeport Connection is open to traffic (temporary roadway under Verona Road near Southwest
- The Southwest Commuter Path remains open in this area.
West Beltline Frontage Road/Hammersley Road (west of Verona Road)
- CLOSED to through traffic, between the temporary Verona Road intersection near Home
Depot/Subway and the Southwest Commuter Path over the Beltline, until late September 2014.
- Access will remain open for local traffic and to area businesses.
- Work includes sanitary sewer work, pavement removal and storm sewer work.
West Beltline Frontage Road (east of Verona Road)
- CLOSED to through traffic, between Britta Parkway and Whenona Drive (south of the Beltline), until October 15, 2014.
- Alternate routes are required. Access to area businesses to remain open.
Hammersley Road cul-du-sac (north of the Beltline)
- CLOSED to traffic until mid-September 2014 for utility work. No detour posted.
Please be alert for crews working in the area and drive with caution through the work zones.
Weekly construction updates are provided on the
project website under
the News tab. Updates include upcoming lane closures and traffic impacts related to the major
Verona Road reconstruction.
Stay involved and informed with the project Facebook page.
For more information, contact:
Steven Theisen, WisDOT Verona Road Project communications manager
(608) 884-1230, email@example.com