WisDOT announces weight limits for North Central Region state highways
March 20, 2014
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) North Central Region today announced the seasonal posting of weight limits on area state highways. The weight restrictions are 6 tons gross load for single axle vehicles and 10 tons gross load for tandem axle vehicles (any two axles under 8 feet apart). The maximum gross weight is 24 tons.
Weight restrictions will be effective beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, March 24, 2014 on the following highways:
- WIS 54, Wood County, from the Wood/Jackson County line to WIS 80
- WIS 54, Wood County, from WIS 80 to one mile west of WIS 73
- WIS 173, Wood County, from WIS 80 to Wood County G
Weight restrictions will be effective at noon on Wednesday, March 26, 2014 on the following highways:
- WIS 153, Shawano County, from the Marathon/Shawano County line to US 45
- WIS 153, Marathon County, from the Marathon County J to the Marathon/Shawano County line
- WIS 107, Marathon County, from Marathon County A to the Marathon/Lincoln County line
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from the Marathon/Lincoln County line to WIS 64
- WIS 107, Lincoln County, from Matthew’s Road to Lincoln County S
- WIS 52, Langlade County, from WIS 55 to Langlade/Forest County line
- WIS 52, Forest County, from the Langlade/Forest County line to Smith Road
Seasonal weight restrictions (springtime posted roads) are placed on specific highways during the spring thaw period. The restrictions are added to prevent damage to the pavement structure.
In the event of unpredicted cold weather, the postings in each county may be delayed as conditions require, and will become effective at the discretion of the State Highway Engineer.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org