US 51 roadway improvements scheduled to begin in Lincoln, Oneida counties
May 7, 2014
Improvements to US 51, north of US 8 and south of County L, in Lincoln and Oneida counties, is scheduled to begin Monday, May 12.
American Asphalt of Wisconsin is the prime contractor for the $880,000 project. Crews will mill the existing roadway and replace it with new asphalt. Additional improvements include:
- Repairing three bridge decks and applying anti-skid surfaces
- Replacing the existing guardrails
- Installing traffic signing and pavement markings
Construction is scheduled for completion by July 2014.
During construction, US 51 will remain open to traffic, with the exception of a two week period. Beginning Tuesday, May 27, traffic will be detoured via US 8 and County L. When US 51 is open to traffic, motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures and flagging operations. Motorists are advised to plan for potential delays.
Eighty percent of the project will be paid for with federal transportation funds; the remaining 20 percent will be paid for with state transportation funds.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com