Public meeting set for WIS 38 resurfacing project in Milwaukee County
May 9, 2014
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) is holding a public involvement meeting to discuss the resurfacing of WIS 38 (Howell Avenue) from Oakwood Road to Grange Avenue in the city of Oak Creek, and city of Milwaukee, Milwaukee County. Construction is scheduled from late May until this fall.
When: Thursday, May 15, 4:30 to 6 p.m. Open house format. Brief presentation at 5:15.
Where: Council Chambers, Oak Creek City Hall, 8640 S. Howell Avenue, Oak Creek, WI
About the meeting
The project team will be on hand to discuss the improvements. Project plans, location maps, and other exhibits will be on display to illustrate the work in detail. This is your opportunity to ask questions and exchange information.
On Howell Avenue:
- The roadway will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement.
- Project will add right turn lanes, extend some left turn lanes and modify some median openings.
- Traffic signals will be upgraded at eight existing intersections.
- New concrete sidewalk will be installed along Howell Avenue.
On WIS 119/Airport Spur
- The ER and WC ramps will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, or would like more project information contact Tom Lazcano, WisDOT project manager, at (262) 574-5437. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Tom Lazcano, 141 NW Barstow Street, P.O. Box 798, Waukesha, WI 53187-0798. Citizens who require a sign language interpreter may request one by contacting Tom Lazcano at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT SE Region Communications
(262) 548-8759, email@example.com