Bridge inspections scheduled in Iron, Price, Vilas counties
May 12, 2014
Motorists can expect to encounter single lane closures on several bridges in northern Wisconsin this week while crews perform routine bridge inspections in Iron, Price, and Vilas counties. Some of the lane closures may require flagging operations.
- May 12 – Crews are planning a daytime, single lane closure on US 2 and US 51, near the interchange, in Hurley.
- May 15 – Crews are planning a daytime, single lane closure on WIS 182, WIS 70 and WIS 13 in Park Falls and Fifield.
- May 13 – Crews are planning a daytime, single lane closure on WIS 70 between Eagle River and Woodruff, and on US 51 near Manitowish Waters.
Motorists should remain alert for slow moving vehicles. The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org