Work on WIS 38 in Milwaukee County to begin
May 16, 2014
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) will begin a resurfacing project of WIS 38 (Howell Avenue) from Oakwood Road to Grange Avenue, in the cities of Milwaukee and Oak Creek, in Milwaukee County. WisDOT will begin on this six-mile stretch Monday, May 19. The work is expected to be completed in late fall.
On Howell Avenue
- The roadway will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement.
- Project will add right turn lanes, extend some left turn lanes and modify some median openings.
- Traffic signals will be upgraded at eight existing intersections.
- New concrete sidewalk will be installed along Howell Avenue.
On WIS 119/Airport Spur
- The ER and WC ramps will be milled and resurfaced with asphalt pavement.
Initial work will begin from Oakwood Road to the bridge over Oak Creek with the work moving north as the project progresses.
During day time work hours, traffic will remain open to two lanes. During night time hours, traffic may be reduced to one lane.
The current condition of the roadway pavement is highly deteriorated. The overall improvements will provide a safer, smoother ride for motorists. Visit the project website for more information.
For more information, contact:
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT SE Region Communications
(262) 548-8759, firstname.lastname@example.org