Public meeting scheduled for US 41/County B in Brown County
June 9, 2014
Meeting to focus on plans for improvement of interchange and adjacent roadways
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing a public involvement meeting to discuss preliminary design concepts for the improvement of US 41 between Lineville Road and Norfield Road and County B between Side Street and the US 41 interchange in Brown County. The meeting is scheduled from 5 to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 17 at Bay Port High School, 2710 Lineville Road, Green Bay. A short presentation is planned at 5:15 p.m.
Project improvements on US 41 include:
- A new asphalt surface on US 41
- Closing the cable guard gap between Lineville Rd and County B
- Replacing the guardrail
- Replacing the concrete bridge decks on US 41 over County B and the Canadian National Railroad
- Replacing the concrete bridge deck on Harbor Lights Road over US 41.
Project improvements on County B include:
- Reconstructing County B and the US 41/County B interchange ramps, increasing capacity and improving safety
- Adding bicycle and pedestrian accommodations
The meeting will follow an informal open house format and the public can attend at their convenience. The project is scheduled for construction in 2017.
The public is encouraged to attend this meeting, learn about the preliminary design, proposed alternatives, and project schedule and provide their input. Maps showing the proposed improvement alternatives will be on display and WisDOT representatives will be available to discuss the project on an individual basis.
Persons interested in the project, but unable to attend the meeting, or who would like more information should contact Project Manager Andy Fulcer at (920) 492-5664. Written comments regarding the project can be mailed to Andy Fulcer, WisDOT, 944 Vanderperren Way, Green Bay, WI 54304 or emailed to email@example.com. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Andy Fulcer at least three working days prior to the meeting.
For more information, contact:
Kim Rudat, WisDOT regional communications manager
(920) 492-5743, firstname.lastname@example.org