Deck sealing on Sturgeon Bay bridges begins Monday
July 31, 2014
Full closure of bridge to take place during deck sealing operations
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) Northeast Region in Green Bay is announcing "deck sealing" operations is scheduled to take place Monday, August 4, and Tuesday, August 5 on the Maple/Oregon Street Bridge and the Michigan Street Bridge in Sturgeon Bay. The sealing will close each bridge from 6 a.m. to noon. Only one bridge at a time will be closed. Wind direction and rain could affect closure days.
The tentative closure schedule is:
- Maple/Oregon Street Bridge, Monday, August 4, 6 a.m. to noon
- Michigan Street Bridge, Tuesday, August 5, 6 a.m. to noon
- In case of unfavorable weather Monday or Tuesday, the work will be pushed to Wednesday, August 6
- In case of unfavorable weather Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, work will be pushed to next week, August 11 and 12
Deck sealing involves cleaning bridge decks and applying a concrete sealer to protect the structure and increase the life span of the bridge deck.
For more information, contact:
Mark Kantola, project communications manager
(920) 492-4153, firstname.lastname@example.org