Ramp closures, traffic switches planned at US 51/Marathon County U, K interchange in Wausau next week
August 1, 2014
Motorists can expect to encounter the following traffic impacts at the US 51/Marathon County U and K interchange in Wausau next week:
- Monday, August 4, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. – Crews will close the off-ramp from southbound US 51 to County K.
- Tuesday, August 5, from 7 p.m. until midnight – Crews will close the on-ramp from County K to northbound US 51.
- Crews also plan to switch US 51 traffic to the adjacent temporary roadway on the southbound side of US 51. Motorists are reminded to slow down and drive with caution as they approach the work zone.
- Motorists on northbound and southbound US 51 can expect to encounter single lane closures.
The schedule is subject to change based on weather conditions and construction status.
The $28 million interchange reconstruction began in April 2013. The project is scheduled for completion in late November 2014. To learn more about the interchange reconstruction, or to sign up for periodic construction updates for this project, please visit the project website.
For more information regarding traffic impacts in the North Central Region:
- Follow us on Twitter for regional alerts from the Traffic Incident Alert System and for construction related traffic advisories.
- Call 5-1-1 or visit Wisconsin 511 online.
- Check the North Central Region weekly construction update.
Alerts and updates provided via these sites are not intended for use while driving. When driving, your focus should always be on driving.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT NC Region Communications
(715) 421-8380, firstname.lastname@example.org