I-39/Business 51 construction information meeting scheduled
August 4, 2014
Construction scheduled to begin as early as August 18
The public is invited to attend a construction information meeting to learn more about planned improvements to the I-39/Business 51 Interchange and Business 51, in Rothschild.
The meeting is scheduled to take place on Wednesday, August 13, from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Globe University, Room 117, 1480 County Road XX, Rothschild. Adjacent property and business owners are encouraged to attend.
James Peterson Sons, Inc., of Medford, will provide information regarding the planned construction activities, the construction schedule, and traffic impacts. Citizens who are deaf or hard of hearing and require an interpreter may request one by contacting Kristin McHugh at (715) 421-8380 at least three working days prior to the meeting.
The $12.2 million project is scheduled to begin as early as August 18, 2014. Improvements include:
- Reconstructing all I-39/Business 51 interchange ramps
- Reconstructing Business 51 between Village Way and Eagle Nest Boulevard
- Realigning Morrison Avenue with the southbound I-39 ramps
- Reconstructing the Cedar Creek bridge
- Constructing pedestrian and bicycle accommodations along Business 51
- Constructing an off-road, multi-use path along northbound Business 51 between Village Way to Stoney Rivers Drive.
Traffic impacts (August through November 2014)
Business 51: To minimize impacts to traffic, work on Business 51 will be done in
multiple stages. The first stage is scheduled for completion in mid-November 2014.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction between the I-39 bridges and Eagle Nest Boulevard until Labor Day.
- Business 51 will be closed between Imperial Avenue and Eagle Nest Boulevard from Labor Day to Thanksgiving. Traffic will be detoured via Imperial Avenue, Stoney Rivers Drive, and Eagle Nest Boulevard.
- Other local roads impacts: Foremost Drive will use a temporary roadway and southbound Stoney Rivers Drive will be reduced to one lane.
Traffic impacts in 2015 include lane closures, traffic shifts, temporary nighttime closures of the I-39/Business 51 ramps, and temporary nighttime closures of Business 51 in the interchange area. WisDOT plans to conduct another construction information meeting in early 2015 to discuss traffic impact details for the 2015 construction season. Additional information regarding the project can be found on the WisDOT website.
Construction is scheduled for completion in November 2015.
The project will be paid for with a combination of federal, state and local transportation funds.
For more information, contact:
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT region communications manager
(715) 421-8380, email@example.com