State suspends the license of a Fond du Lac auto dealership
August 6, 2014
Multiple violations prompt long suspension
The motor vehicle dealer license of a Fond du Lac area auto dealership was suspended by the state of Wisconsin for at least 30 days for multiple serious infractions. Family Auto Budget Sales, LLC, 556 S. Military Road, Fond du Lac, admitted to 17 violations of state law including:
- Failure to properly inspect vehicles or provide the written statement "Not inspected for sale."
- Altering temporary license plates, issuing multiple temporary license plates per single vehicle, and failure to keep accurate records of all temporary license plates issued.
- Failure to execute purchase contracts.
- Failure to submit application for title to the department within 7 business days.
The state Department of Administration’s Division of Hearing and Appeals found that these violations warranted the suspension of the motor vehicle dealer’s license for no less than 30 days. The suspension was effective July 28, 2014.
While suspended, the dealership cannot engage in any activity that requires a motor vehicle dealer license. Any further violations could result in the loss of the dealership’s motor vehicle dealer license. Family Auto Budget Sales agrees to allow agents or employees of the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) to inspect all business records necessary to verify that it has discontinued these illegal practices and is in compliance with state law.
This agreement is part of a special order issued by the state Department of Administration's Division of Hearings and Appeals. This action is the result of an investigation by WisDOT’s Division of Motor Vehicles’ Dealer and Agent Section. Violation of a special order is grounds for denial, suspension, or revocation of a representative license.
For more information, contact:
Michael Domke, Division of Motor Vehicles
(608) 267-2033, firstname.lastname@example.org