Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Business 51 (Post Road) - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- NC Region weekly construction update
No traffic impacts at this time. Roadway is open to traffic.
- Construction currently scheduled to occur from Green Dr. to Springville Dr.
- Business 51 to remain open to traffic during construction
with the exception of a necessary two week closure allowing
railroad work to be completed.
- During construction traffic to be restricted to one lane of traffic in each direction.
- Access to properties along the corridor will be provided during construction but may not be directly off of Business 51. Access may be through alley ways, side roads, or temporary entrances.
- Temporary driveway closures may be necessary when constructing the new driveways. WisDOT will contact homeowners and businesses in advance before temporarily closing a driveway.
Improvements to the Business 51/Minnesota Avenue intersection completed fall 2011
Reconstruction of the Business 51/Minnesota Avenue intersection and creating a dedicated left-turn lanes on Business 51 for traffic turning onto Minnesota Avenue completed fall 2011.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: June 27, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.