Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51 Bearskin Trail bridge
- Fast facts
Hazelhurst, Oneida County
|View NC, US 51 Bearskin Trail bridge - Hazelhurst, in Oneida County in a larger map.|
Bearskin Trail bridge, south of Oneida County D, near Hazelhurst, in Oneida County.
- The Bearskin Trail steel trestle bridge over US 51, built in 1938, is now a crossing for the Bearskin State Trail just south of Oneida County D.
- The proposed improvements will replace the existing bridge with a modern concrete girder/deck bridge.
- This will correct the existing substandard horizontal and vertical clearance that the bridge provides for US 51 traffic.
- The bridge replacement will provide a wider and safer bridge for trail users and eliminate the bottleneck that the current bridge creates for oversize loads hauled on US 51.
Scheduled for construction in 2016.
During construction, US 51 and the Bearskin Trail will remain open.
- Planning began February 2007 and design work October 2009.
- Public Involvement Meeting - Aug. 27, 2013
- Local Officials Meeting - March 17, 2014
- Public mailing - March 31, 2014
- The Environmental Document was approved April 28, 2014.
- Construction scheduled to start 2016.
Kristin McHugh, WisDOT North Central Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
North Central Region, Wisconsin Rapids Office
1681 Second Ave. South
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54495-4768
Phone: (715) 421-8301
Fax: (715) 423-0334
WisDOT North Central Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: July 31, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.