Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 51/County U/County K/Business 51 Interchange - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- NC region weekly construction update
Alternative routes and construction staging
- Northbound US 51 traffic exiting to County K/Business 51 is detoured via the northbound US 51 off-ramp to County U, and Merrill Avenue/County U.
- The eastbound and westbound lanes of County K (Business 51) under the US 51 bridges are closed and will remain closed until early October 2014. During the closure, traffic is detoured via County U and Overlook Drive.
- The on-ramp to southbound US 51 from County K is closed and will remain closed until early October 2014.
- The on-ramp to northbound US 51 from County K (Business 51) and the southbound US 51 off-ramp to County K (Business 51) will remain open to traffic.
- US 51 traffic is shifted to use the adjacent temporary roadway on the northbound side of US 51. This shift will last through July. The speed limit on US 51 is reduced to 55 MPH between Bridge Street and Decator Drive.
- Motorists on northbound and southbound US 51 can expect to encounter single lane closures
All closures are dependent on favorable weather conditions. Please drive with caution through work zones.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT North Central Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: July 15, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.