Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 26 - Need/purpose
Why is this project needed?
- To improve the condition of the pavement and provide a safer overall roadway corridor.
- The existing pavement along this portion of WIS 26 is deteriorating, can no longer be maintained, and is nearing the end of its service life.
Project benefits/anticipated outcomes
- The proposed projects will prolong the life of the roadway and increase safety along WIS 26.
Proposed improvements outside the village of Rosendale
- Pulverizing the existing pavement and resurfacing
- Adding centerline and shoulder rumble strips
- Flattening roadway side slopes
- Culvert pipe repairs and replacements
- Beam guard replacements
- Re-grading ditches
- Spot intersection improvements
- Right turn lanes may be added or extended at some intersections to improve roadway operations and safety
- Isolated areas of roadway reconstruction may be required to remove frost heaves in the roadbed or flatten hills to improve sight distances
- One of the proposed roadway reconstruction and realignment
areas is the curve near the Willow Creek Road intersection
Proposed improvements within the village of Rosendale
- Pavement is proposed to be milled and resurfaced
- Spot improvements to sidewalk and curb ramps to comply with current Americans with Disabilities Act requirements
Real estate acquisition
- Right of way and easements will be required for this project for re-grading ditches, beam guard improvements and intersection realignment and improvement in the rural areas
- Additionally, WIS 26 near the Willow Creek Rd. intersection is proposed to be realigned, which will require further right of way needs
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: Mar. 6, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.