Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 26 - Traffic impacts
- View Wisconsin 511 travel information for ALL current traffic conditions
- NE Region weekly construction update
- WisDOT is proposing to close WIS 26 to through traffic and utilize a detour route during construction.
- Local traffic will be permitted, but travel within the project limits may be challenging at times.
- Access will be maintained during the project to local businesses, residences and emergency vehicles.
- Cross traffic at side roads will also be maintained throughout the project.
- Proposed WIS 26 detour includes US 151 and US 41, and is approximately 10 miles longer than traveling directly on WIS 26 from US 151 to US 41.
- The actual travel time only increases by approximately two to three minutes due to the access controlled roadways and higher speed limits of the detour route.
- Detour route map
All closures are dependent on favorable weather conditions. Please drive with caution through work zones.
Work zone safety tips
- Buckle up for safety
- Expect the unexpected
- Stay alert
- Watch for flagging operations
- Merge as soon as possible
- Don't speed. Remember, fines double in work zones
- Don't tailgate
- Keep a safe distance
- Observe posted signs
- Be patient
WisDOT Northeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: Mar. 6, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.