Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 41 Interstate Conversion - Public involvement
- Join our distribution list to receive updates and notices via email on US 41 Interstate Conversion.
- You should receive an email confirming your subscription. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have difficulties or questions about subscribing.
Public Involvement Meetings (PIM), hearings and other meetings
- No scheduled meetings
- Sept. 26, 2013 - Written testimony due on the Environmental Report (ER)
- Sept. 10, 11 and 12, 2013 - Public Hearings (Appleton, Fond du Lac and Oak Creek respectively)
- Exhibits/maps - Showing reasons for Interstate conversion, alternatives, example Interstate signing, and future projects
- Hearing objective
- Purpose and need
- Map - Area underserved
- Map - Strong Midwest economic relationships
- Map - Primary connection to the nation
- Map - Preferred alternative
- Map - Selected route number: I-41
- Map - Milwaukee area
- Eliminated alternatives
- Preferred alternative impacts
- Future projects
- Sign replacement at typical interchange
- Map - Traffic volumes
- What’s next?
- Federal grandfathering legislation
- Instructions for providing public testimony
- Comment sheet Note - Written testimony was due Sept. 26
- Notice of Public Hearing
- News release
- Feb. 22, 2013 - Public comments were due on revised 'Coordination Plan for Agency and Public Involvement' and 'Impact Analysis Methodology (IAM)' documents
- Feb. 4, 2013 - Agency coordination meeting
- Sept. 2012 - Indirect and Cumulative Effects (ICE) Expert Panel Meetings. Looking to understand the potential indirect and cumulative impacts of Interstate conversion.
- May 2012 - PIMs
- May 31, 2012 - Wauwatosa
- May 30, 2012 - Germantown
- May 23, 2012 - Fond du Lac
- May 22, 2012 - Oshkosh
- May 17, 2012 - Appleton
- May 16, 2012 - Green Bay
- Presentation - Couldn’t make the PIM? View the presentation. Playing time 10:43
- Interstate safety benefits
- View draft
documents shared during spring 2012 agency coordination
and public outreach.
- Section 1 - Purpose and Need
- Coordination Plan for Agency and Public Involvement
- Impact Analysis Methodology
- Public meetings are part of the conversion process
- Your input is needed
- To convert or not convert
- View ALL exhibits OR view individual exhibits below
- Selecting a route number
- Traffic volumes
- Area underserved by Interstate system
- Primary connection to the nation
- Strong Midwest economic relations
- Transportation and infrastructure assets
- Economic and workforce assets
- Sept. 3, 2013 - Public Hearings announced for U.S. 41 Conversion Projects
- All WisDOT news releases
- Spring 2013
- May 16, 2012 - Appleton Post Crescent interview with Transportation Secretary Mark Gottlieb and Project Manager Tammy Rabe
WisDOT welcomes project comments/suggestions. Please give us your comments/suggestions on this project, the project goals, transportation deficiencies, project purpose and need, and preliminary alternatives. Thank you for your interest and assistance with this important project.
- Submit comments at PIMs and/or other public meetings
- Send project comments via email to project staff
- Via online comment/questionnaire
Past public involvement information (2011 and older).
US 41 Interstate Conversion Team, email@example.com
Last modified: Mar. 26, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.