Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 2, Bong Bridge - Fast facts
|View NW, US 2 Bong Bridge in city of Superior - Douglas County in a larger map.|
US 2 eastbound lanes will be closed beginning April 13. The sidewalk will be closed March 30-Nov. 1, 2015. Pedestrians and bicyclists are advised to use the DTA bus system while the sidewalk is being replaced.
US 2, in city of Superior (from the Belknap Viaduct to I-35 in Minnesota), in Douglas County.
We are making several improvements on US 2. Modifications, including the construction of a modern roundabout at the Belknap St./US 2 intersection, will continue to be made in 2015 to preserve the life of the structure for years to come. This is the most significant project on the Bong Bridge since it opened in 1984.
Wisconsin approach/Roundabout work
- The roundabout will not be fully functional until Nov. 2015
- Westbound traffic will use half of the roundabout and the N. Garfield connection
- Eastbound and Belknap (west) traffic will not be connected until late 2015
Promote your business during construction
Bong Bridge work
- Overlay existing bridge deck and make necessary repairs to the sidewalk
- Replace and repair arch components and repaint
- Replace existing expansion joints and repaint girder ends
- Replace street lights and ship navigation lights
- Handout - How to navigate the US 2/Bong Bridge Roundabout
- Video - How to safely navigate a roundabout (This video was produced by our WisDOT friends in Green Bay)
- April 13, 2015 through Nov. 1, 2015 - Construction on eastbound US 2. Traffic will be detoured to Blatnik Bridge
- US 2 is currently open to traffic.
- The pedestrian walkway will be closed March 30-November 1.
- Pedestrians and bicyclists are advised to use the DTA Bus system while the sidewalk is being replaced.
- US 2 eastbound lanes will be closed beginning April 13.
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Matt Dickenson, WisDOT Project Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Superior Office
1701 N. 4th St.
Superior, WI 54880
Phone: (715) 392-7925
Fax: (715) 392-7863
TDD: (800) 590-1868
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: March 30, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.