Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 48 Rice Lake - Fast facts
Rice Lake, Barron
|View NW, WIS 48 - in Rice Lake, Barron County in a larger map.|
WIS 48, Knapp St. to County NN, in Rice Lake, Barron County.
- We are finalizing plans to
resurface WIS 48 using two project segments.
- The first part of the project will resurface WIS 48 between Knapp Street and North Street in Rice Lake.
- The second project will resurface WIS 48 from North Street to County NN.
- The project will include other details such as curb and gutter additions, improvement of drainage pipes, and construction of turn lanes.
Promote your business during construction
- Summer 2014 - Proceed with final design
- Summer/Fall 2014 - Proceed with minor real estate acquisitions
- Spring 2015 - Construction
- WIS 48 will be open to traffic
- There will be two lanes of traffic in Rice Lake city limits
- Outside of Rice Lake city limits, crews will direct traffic through the work zone with stop and go signs
Handouts/Other project information
- March 5, 2014 - View PIM handout
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Matt Dickenson, WisDOT Project Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Superior Office
1701 N. 4th Street
Superior, WI 54880
Phone (715) 392-7925
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: September 5, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.