Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
US 8/WIS 46 Intersection - Fast facts
|View NW, US 8/WIS 46 intersection, Apple River - Polk County in a larger map.|
US 8/WIS 46 intersection, in the town of Apple River, six miles north of Amery - Polk County.
- A new, single lane roundabout will be constructed at the intersection of US 8 and WIS 46 just north of Amery.
Promote your business during construction
- June 30 - mid-July (stage 1): Construct bypass road and install temporary signals
- Mid-July - mid-September (stage 2): Construct single lane roundabout
- Mid-September - mid-October (stage 3): Remove temporary bypass road
- October 24, 2014: Construction scheduled to be completed
- US 8 traffic will use a bypass lane to the south of existing US 8 for the majority of the construction.
- Traffic will be controlled with temporary traffic signals.
Construction update: Week of September 22, 2014
- Concrete paving
Beth Cunningham, WisDOT Northwest Region Project Manager
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire, WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WI Telecommunications Relay System (TTY): 711
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: September 17, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.