Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 93 Revitalization - Fast facts
Independence, Trempealeau County
|View NW, WIS 93 Revitalization - Independence, Trempealeau County in a larger map.|
- Additional closures are scheduled September 24-October 3. Traffic must access all parts of the city from the north side. A signed detour will be posted.
- The next Public Involvement meeting will be held at 5 p.m. on October 6 at the Opera House located within City Hall.
WIS 93, A St. to Indee Blvd., in Independence, in Trempealeau County.
- We are currently reconstructing WIS 93 in Independence.
Additional improvements will include:
- Reconstructing the WIS 93/WIS 121 intersection (including the addition of turn/auxiliary lanes)
- Upgrading the existing storm sewer and street lighting
- Replacing outdated sanitary and water utilities
- Replacing Elk Creek Bridge
Promote your business during construction
- Stage 2 is underway - June 4-November 26, 2014
- Work consists of reconstructing WIS 93 between A Street and WIS 121. WIS 93 north of the WIS 121 intersection will be open to all through traffic.
- WIS 93 between A St. and WIS 121 is detoured via WIS 95 to US 53 to WIS 121.
- Truck traffic is not allowed on any of the city streets.
- View detour map
- The roadway between 150' south of A Street (project beginning)
to 7th Street will be closed September 24-October 3.
- Traffic must access all parts of the city from the north side.
- Traffic should follow the signed detour.
Construction update: Week of September 22, 2014
- Continue sidewalk setup and pouring between WIS 121 and the new bridge.
- Prepare and place concrete pavement between 7th Street and the Adams/County Q intersection.
- Curb, gutter, and sidewalk placement between 7th Street and Adams/County Q intersection will follow pavement placement.
- Prepare for concrete pavement between 150' South of A Street and 7th Street.
Project scheduled to be completed November 26, 2014.
Dave Koepp, WisDOT Project Manager
Chris Ouellette, WisDOT Northwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Northwest Region, Eau Claire Office
718 W. Clairemont Ave.
Eau Claire WI
Phone (715) 836-2891 or toll-free (800) 991-5285
Fax: (715) 392-7863
WisDOT Northwest Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: September 18, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.