Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
2013 WisDOT Annual Freight Railroad Conference
More than 110 people attended the Wisconsin Department of Transportation's Annual Freight Railroad Conference, including representatives from eight railroads operating in the state. The primary goal of the event is to provide a format for sharing information between WisDOT and the state's railroads. As the agenda shows, also important is the sharing of information with other state, federal and local officials interested in freight railroad service in Wisconsin.
- FRIIP and FRPP Projects - Frank Huntington, Railroads and Harbors - WisDOT
- State Rail Plan and Passenger Rail Updates - Arun Rao, Railroads and Harbors - WisDOT
- Passenger Rail Updates - Crystal DuPont, Railroads and Harbors - WisDOT
- Operation Lifesaver Update - Susie Klinger, Statewide Coordinator, Wisconsin Operation Lifesaver
- Office of the Commissioner of Railroads (OCR) Update - Jeff Plale, Commissioner, OCR and Tom Clauder, OCR
- Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) Update - Tammy Wagner, Regional Crossing and Trespasser Manager, FRA
- Chicago Region Environment and Transportation Efficiency Program (CREATE) - Wes Lujan, Assistant Vice President -Public Affairs, Union Pacific Railroad
- Railroad Industry - Bob Kollmar, Executive Director - Engineering, Communications and Train Control - Association of American Railroads
- Buy America - Dave Platz, Federal Highway Administration - Wisconsin Division
- Remediating Fouled Ballast and Enhancing Rail Freight Capacity by Polyurethane Technology - Dr. James Tinjum, Assistant Professor & Program Director - Department of Engineering Professional Development, UW Madison
- Rails and Trails - Brigit Brown, State Trails Coordinator - Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Wisconsin Northwoods Freight Rail Market Study – Toni Rice and Kathleen Spencer, Economic Development, WisDOT
- Economic Contributions of the Railroad Industry to Wisconsin – Forrest Van Schwartz, Wisconsin River Rail Transit Commission
- US 41 Mega Project - Paul Vraney, US 41 Project Team - WisDOT
Information about the 2014 Freight Railroad Conference will be posted as details are finalized. WisDOT will set a date in early 2014.
Railroads and Harbors Section
Frank Huntington, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: December 6, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.