Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 24 (Janesville Rd.) - Fast facts
|View SE, WIS 24 (Janesville Rd.), in Hales Corners, Milwaukee County. in a larger map.|
WIS 24 (Janesville Rd.), Waukesha County Line to 108th St., in Hales Corners, Milwaukee County.
- The roadway will be resurfaced
- The existing box culvert near 111th Street will be replaced with two separate bridges (one eastbound and one westbound)
- Constructing left turn lanes to allow for safer turning movements
- Replace the existing traffic signals at 116th street intersection
Promote your business during construction
- The existing pavement is deteriorating and is in need of rehabilitation
- The existing box culvert is past its useful life and needs to be replaced
- Traffic signal replacement and the addition of left-turn lanes in the medians will help create a safer condition for vehicles
The project is weather dependent with an anticipated start date of April 21 and going until late fall 2014.
During construction, WIS 24 will be open to traffic during construction using staged construction techniques.
- Stage 1
- Setting up temporary traffic signals at 116th street
- Building a temporary cross over in the median
- Working on an overhead sign bridge on the east end of the project
- Stage 2
- Traffic will be moved to the outside lanes
- Inside lanes will have median work, like sewer and lighting improvements along with building turn lanes, etc.
- Remove half of the box culvert and then replace it with a new bridge
- Stage 3
- Traffic will be moved to the inside lanes and construction work will occur on the outside lanes
- Removing the rest of the box culvert and replacing that with a new bridge
- Stage 4
- Shifting traffic as we remove the temporary cross over on the east end
- Replace the curb and gutter, and median
- Stage 5
- Final project clean up
- Replacing anything else that could not be worked on during the other stages
- Final landscaping, pavement marking and signing
Please drive safe, slow down, and leave a little bit early as you drive through the construction. And lastly please watch for changing traffic patterns throughout the construction of WIS 24 (Janesville Rd.)
Gary Metzer P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Specialist
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: March 27, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.