Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
I-43 South - Fast facts
Walworth and Waukesha counties
|View SE, I-43 south, US 12 (Elkhorn) to WIS 83 (Mukwonago), Walworth and Waukesha counties. in a larger map.|
Bridge work continues over the Canadian National Railroad near WIS 83 and SB I-43.
- WIS 83 is open to traffic.
- SB I-43 on-ramp from WIS 83 is closed.
This ramp has been closed since May and is scheduled to re-open in early Nov.
- Detour route for traffic on WIS 83 wanting to use I-43 SB - WIS 83 to County L to WIS 20 to I-43.
- Detour map
I-43 south, US 12 (Elkhorn) to WIS 83 (Mukwonago), Walworth and Waukesha counties.
- Repave existing lanes of I-43 southbound
- Repairs to several bridges on the corridor
- Re-construct the south I-43 bridge over the Canadian National railroad, just south of WIS 83
Promote your business during construction
The current condition of the roadway and bridge is highly deteriorated. The rehabilitation of the roadway will create an improved, long lasting driving surface.
April thru November 2014
- The work on southbound I-43 will be constructed under traffic, but will be reduced to a single travel lane along the entire length of the project.
- Northbound I-43 will also be reduced to one lane of traffic near the replacement bridge over the Canadian National Railroad.
- Southbound traffic will be crossed over onto the northbound side of I-43.
Pre-construction. Construction is slated to begin in late April
Tony Minto, P.E., WisDOT Project Manager
Charles Krummel, WisDOT Project Leader
Brian DeNeve, WisDOT Southeast Region Communications Specialist
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
141 NW Barstow St.
P.O. Box 798
Waukesha, WI 53187-0798
Phone: (262) 548-5902
Fax: (262) 548-5662
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: September 17, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.