Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 50 Reconstruction Project
Pleasant Prairie-Kenosha, in Kenosha
SE, WIS 50
Reconstruction Project location.
WIS 50, just east of 116th Ave. (village of Pleasant Prairie) to just west of 43rd Ave. (city of Kenosha), in Kenosha County.
WisDOT is developing detailed engineering plans to reconstruct nearly five miles of WIS 50. The project includes:
- Widening the roadway from four to six lanes between 116th and 57th avenues
- Reconstructing the existing four-lane road between 57th and 43rd avenues
- Reconstructing and improving intersections with WIS 50
- Implementing access management measures
- Providing improved access road connections
Other project elements include:
- Providing sidewalk and bicycle facilities
- Identifying potential corridor aesthetic treatments
- Transferring WIS 50 to local jurisdiction between WIS 31 and WIS 32
- Identifying stormwater management techniques
- Developing a traffic management plan for construction
Design work with no construction activity at this time. Construction currently scheduled for 2021.
***Construction schedule dependant on available funding.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, email@example.com
Last modified: March 11, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.