Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
|View SE, WIS 67, Blue Ribbon Dr.-Thackeray Tr. (including interchange at I-94), in Oconomowoc, Waukesha County in a larger map.|
WIS 67, Blue Ribbon Drive to Armour Road (including interchange at I-94), in Oconomowoc, Waukesha County.
Construction is currently scheduled to begin in mid-March 2015, and scheduled to be completed in summer 2016. Review the project brief.
Work currently scheduled for 2015:
- Expansion of southbound WIS 67 from two lanes to three lanes between I-94 and Lexington Drive, in addition to the reconstruction of the roadway from Blue Ribbon Drive to I-94, and from Lexington Drive to Armour Road.
- Reconstruction of the southbound WIS 67 bridge over I-94
- Reconstruction of the I-94 ramps at WIS 67
- Construction of a pedestrian tunnel under WIS 67 at Oconomowoc Parkway (connections to the tunnel will be constructed at a later date
Construction to be completed during 2015 is scheduled to take place in four phases:
Phase I (approximately one month)
- WIS 67 northbound shoulder will be closed while crews construct temporary road widening on the east shoulder and the I-94 (westbound) exit ramp. All ramps will remain open during this phase
Phase II (approximately two weeks)
- WIS 67 northbound traffic will be shifted to the east to construct the median widening and crossovers from Blue Ribbon Drive to the WIS 67 Bypass
- WIS 67 will maintain two lanes of traffic from I-94 to Oconomowoc Parkway while traffic will be reduced to one-lane from Delafield Road to I-94 and Oconomowoc Parkway to WIS 67 Bypass.
Phase III (approximately six months)
- WIS 67 southbound traffic will be shifted to the existing northbound lanes from Blue Ribbon Drive to Thackeray Trail while crews construct the WIS 67 southbound lanes
- Two lanes of traffic will remain open in both directions on WIS 67 from I-94 to Oconomowoc Parkway, while traffic will be reduced to one lane in both directions from Delafield Road to I-94 and Oconomowoc Parkway to Thackeray Trail
- WIS 67 (Summit Avenue) will be reconstructed from Thackeray Trail/Old Tower Road north to Armour Road. Traffic on Summit Avenue will be reduced to one lane in each direction during this phase
- All WIS 67 side roads and Delafield Road will remain open during this phase with the exception of Oconomowoc Drive and Lexington Drive (west on WIS 67 only), which briefly close in order to reconstruct the roadways
- I-94 (EAST) exit ramp, I-94 (EAST) loop entrance ramp and I-94 (WEST) entrance ramp will close for a duration of approximately 30 to 40 days during the fall. County Highway P (Sawyer Road) interchange and Delafield Road will be used for all detour routes during these ramp closures
- Intermittent overnight full closures of I-94 (EAST) and I-94 (WEST) will occur while crews demolish and replace the existing southbound WIS 67 bridge over I-94. The I-94 (WEST) ramps, County Highway P (Sawyer Road) interchange and Delafield Road will be used as detour routes during these closures.
Phase IV (approximately three months)
- WIS 67 traffic will be shifted to their respective lanes on WIS 67 with two lanes in traffic in both directions except from Delafield Road to I-94 (WEST) ramps.
- Traffic from Delafield Road to I-94 (WEST) ramps will be reduced to one lane in each direction and shifted to WIS 67 southbound lanes while crews reconstructed the northbound WIS 67 bridge over I-94 during the 2015-2016 winter months.
WisDOT Southeast Region Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last modified: March 11, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.