Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 26 Corridor Expansion Project - Segment 1 (Janesville to Milton)
|Project overview (printable version)|
Segment 1 consists of spot improvements from just south of the County Y intersection north to Town Line Road, near the cities of Janesville and Milton, in Rock County.
The existing 4-lane divided roadway will remain. Private driveway accesses onto WIS 26 will be relocated to either existing side roads, new frontage roads or new development streets.
The estimated construction coast is $14 million.
The following improvements are circled and lettered on the map above:
- Construction of a bicycle/pedestrian bridge over WIS 26 just south of County Y.
- Reconstruction of County Y intersection with traffic access restricted to right turns only onto and off of WIS 26.
- Construction of new frontage roads on both sides of WIS 26 between County Y and Woodcrest Dr.
- Reconstruction of the McCormick Dr. intersection and repaving of McCormick Dr. to accommodate County Y traffic.
- Construction of a bridge for the extension of Wright Road over WIS 26.
- Elimination of the Bingham Rd. intersection (Bingham Rd. will become a cul de sac).
- Construction of an interchange at Town Hall Rd. to Town Line Rd.
Completed fall 2012
Questions about the content of this page, contact:
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: August 23, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.