Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 26 Corridor Expansion Project
Segment 3 (Milton to Fort Atkinson)
Rock and Jefferson counties
|View WIS 26 Corridor Expansion Project - Segment 3 (Milton to Fort Atkinson) in a larger map.|
- WIS 26 bypass around the east side of Milton, Rock County, on new alignment from Town Line Rd. to north of County N.
- From there, WIS 26 to the south interchange into the Fort Atkinson, Jefferson County.
- Constructing a WIS 26 bypass around the east side of Milton on new alignment from Town Line Rd. to north of County N.
- From there, WIS 26 will be reconstructed along the existing highway corridor to the south interchange into Fort Atkinson.
- The new roadway will extend 10 miles with two lanes in each direction with a grass median. No access will be allowed in areas where the roadway is on new alignment except at interchanges located at WIS 59 and County N.
- Bridges will be constructed at Town Line, High Street (old WIS 59), Storrs Lake and Bowers Lake roads, Whitetail Lane and possibly one other location (in the city of Milton area) to provide through travel under or over WIS 26.
- Intersection and driveway access will be allowed where the highway is constructed on existing alignment from a half mile north of County N to one mile north of Pond Road. However, there will be locations where intersection and driveway movements will be limited and where driveway accesses will be combined or moved to a frontage road.
- A bike path will be constructed along the entire length of WIS 26 and connect to the Glacial River Trail at the north Rock County line.
- The section of existing WIS 26 north of WIS 59 in the city of Milton will be jurisdictionally transferred to local government when the new bypass is opened to traffic.
- The estimated construction cost is $55 million.
Construction scheduled for 2012-2014.
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: August 23, 2013
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.