Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
WIS 33 (Maple Ave.-Spring St.) - Fast facts
Beaver Dam, Dodge
|View SW, WIS 33 (Maple Ave.-Spring St.) - Beaver Dam, Dodge County in a larger map.|
Purple line - City of Beaver Dam Spring St. Project
WIS 33 (Center and Front streets), Maple Ave. to Spring St., in Beaver Dam, Dodge County.
This construction project will include:
- One block of Center St., from just north of Maple Ave. to the Center Street Bridge, just south of Front St.
- And one block of Front St., from just west of Center St. to just east of Spring St.
Note - The city of Beaver Dam has a project along Spring St. (purple line on map), Park Ave. to Maple Ave. This is NOT a WisDOT project. For more info. on this project, contact: Ritchie Piltz, City of Beaver Dam Engineering Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (920) 887-4600 ext. 326.
This project will:
- Completely reconstruct the roadway including: replacing the concrete pavement, curb and gutters, sidewalks, storm sewer, water and sanitary sewer mains and service lines, street lights, traffic signals, signs and pavement markings.
- The current four traffic lanes on Front St. will be replaced with three lanes, one in each direction, and exclusive left turn lanes at the intersections.
- A raised island will provide a safer mid-block pedestrian crosswalk on Front St.
- The curbs on both sides of Front St., east of Center St., will be relocated (pulled back) to allow semi-trucks to turn the corner without running up onto the sidewalks or into opposing traffic lanes.
Promote your business during construction
- Construction currently scheduled for 2015
- April-July - Center St. (Maple Ave.–Front St.) construction
- May–Sept. - Front St. (Center St.–Spring St.) construction
- July–Sept. - Spring St./Front St. intersection construction
- Aug.–Oct. - City of Beaver Dam Spring St. (Maple Ave.-Front St.) construction
- WIS 33 will be closed to
- The highway will be closed to through traffic, but access may be provided to a residence or business if no other access is available. Access for Emergency Vehicles will be maintained throughout the project.
- If the place you are coming from AND the place you are going to are NOT within the project limits, please drive around the work area using the open streets in the area surrounding the highway project.
- Detour - Through traffic will be detoured using US 151, Industrial Dr., and DeClark St.
- Pedestrian access to residents and businesses will be maintained throughout construction.
- Traffic signals at the intersections of Maple and Center, Center and Front, Front and Spring streets will be deactivated and replaced with all-way stops during the construction project.
- Please avoid driving within the construction area as much as possible, for your safety and that of the people working on the project. If you do need to drive within the work area for any reason, please drive slowly, pay attention to what is going on around you, and follow the directions of the workers in the area.
Final design and coordination work is being completed in 2014, with construction currently scheduled for 2015.
Jim Oettinger, WisDOT Project Manager
Michael Bie, WisDOT Southwest Region Communications Manager
Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT)
Southwest Region, Madison Office
2101 Wright St.
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-3800
Fax: (608) 246-3843
WisDOT Southwest Region Office-Madison, email@example.com
Last modified: April 6, 2015
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.