Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Driving safely around trucks: Vision Decision
- Avoid passing large vehicles on the right side.
- Always signal your intentions well ahead of time.
- Beware of air turbulence behind the large vehicle and again once you pass the front of it.
- Ensure you can see both headlights in your rear-view mirror before pulling back in front of the truck or bus you just passed.
- Place wiper blades on high when passing or meeting a large vehicle in rain or snow.
Questions about the content of this page:
Gaetano Martino, email@example.com
Last modified: May 26, 2011
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.