Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
RIDESHARE - Bike buddy
Ever considered biking to work? What better way to help save our earthly resources and get some exercise, than by commuting to work by bicycle. If riding in traffic intimidates you, biking with someone can feel a lot safer.
Bike Buddy Registration and Matching
Playing time 00:05:12
Instructional video on how to use the Wisconsin RIDESHARE web site to sign up for the Bike Buddy program and find a match.
- Brochure - Commuter info.
- Program overview
- Questions and answers (Q&A)
- Car pool tips
Did you know?
- There are over 500 registered bicyclists in the RIDESHARE program!
- You can take your bike on the bus. Both Milwaukee County Transit Company and Madison Metro buses are equipped with bike racks.
- Gas prices climbed 15 percent in spring 2012 and 49 percent in the three years prior to 2012.
- There are over 5,000 registrants in the Wisconsin Rideshare program waiting to be matched with you!
Pedaling the benefits
Various benefits from becoming a bike buddy
- RIDESHARE program matches bicyclists together who bike the same route
- Bicyclists can register as either an experienced rider or novice
- After you register, track environmental and financial savings
- Stay healthier, get exercise, and save on air pollution
- Commuter toolbox
- Register/Log in
- Carpool tips
- Bike buddy tips
- Tips to get your bike commuting started and keep it running smoothly
Other bike information
RIDESHARE Coordinator, RIDESHARE@dot.wi.gov
Last modified: November 10, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.