Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
RIDESHARE - Commuter information
Did you know?
- Gas prices climbed 15 percent in spring 2012, and 49 percent in the three years prior to 2012.
- There are over 5,000 registrants in the Wisconsin Rideshare program waiting to be matched with you?
- Program overview
- Questions and answers (Q&A)
- Car pool tips
- Frequently asked questions
- Carpool tips
- Bike buddy tips
Park and ride lots
Take advantage of nearly 100 park and ride lots throughout Wisconsin to meet your carpool, vanpool or bike buddies.
- Parking is free
- Many have overnight parking in designated spaces, secure bike racks, shelters, and surface lighting
- Conveniently located adjacent to or near on-and off-ramps along freeways and major highways
- Many of the Milwaukee, Waukesha, and Madison area park and ride lots are also served by public transit
- Radio ad - Group uses park and ride lot - After updating their profile and checking for new matches, Michael and Jessica add Linda to their carpool and pick her up at a park and ride lot. (Playing time 00:01:04) Audio transcript
- Department of Administration (DOA) administers the state vanpool program in the Madison area, with fees based on miles to work and number of passengers
- Vanpools receive free parking, and drivers are eligible for limited personal use of the vans
- For more information call (800) 884-VANS
Register in both states:
RIDESHARE Coordinator, RIDESHARE@dot.wi.gov
Last modified: November 10, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.