Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
RIDESHARE - Employer information, How to build a commuter program
Wisconsin RIDESHARE: Businesses and a Commuter Benefit Program
Playing time 00:04:11
Informational video on how businesses can implement a Commuting program.
- Develop your program's focus. Is it sustainability, transportation, increasing your benefit package, corporate responsibility, etc.?
- Place the link that explains the focus on or near your company Intranet website home page.
- On your website have direct links to Wisconsin Rideshare, local transit and bicycling information.
- Verbiage on your website should assure your employees
of your commitment to supporting alternative forms of
- Provide Guaranteed Ride Home information. Display your
policy and how to access the transportation when a situation
- Promote bike and walk to work days.
- Encourage your employees to track their commutes through their Smart Phone or email. Personal and company-wide reports indicate environmental and financial savings of employee efforts.
- Provide safe and secure bike storage, showers and locker facilities.
- Offer bus passes and have bus schedules available.
- Share TransTalk messages with your employees. Contact
Rideshare to receive this FREE e-publication.
- Sample copy of TransTalk
- Introduce the program with a promotional period, handouts, email blasts, etc.
- Create incentives through prizes, teams, challenges.
- Offer flexible work options. Often a win-win situation for both employer and employee.
RIDESHARE Coordinator, RIDESHARE@dot.wi.gov
Last modified: November 10, 2014
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.