Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Rest area 11, I-39 Southbound/ I-90/94 eastbound
Portage, Columbia County
- South of Portage, Columbia County
- I-39 Southbound/ I-90/94 eastbound
- Mile marker 113
- GPS coordinates: N 43° 26.078' W -89° 29.091'
- Only rest areas in U.S. (along with Rest area 12) located on three concurrent Interstate Highways.
- Busiest rest areas in Wisconsin (along with Rest area 12).
- Original rest area opened in 1961, replaced in 1979.
- New building and enlarged site opened in 2010.
- Frank Lloyd Wright "Prairie Style" inspired building design.
- Signature clock tower in the lobby.
- Double restrooms to minimize disruption during cleaning.
- "Rest Areas On I-Roads" Historical Marker located on site.
Robert Spoerl, email@example.com
Last updated: November 30, 2012
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.