Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Rest area 12
I-39/90/94 westbound, Poynette, Columbia County
- Northbound I-39/westbound I-90/94, Mile marker 113, north of Poynette in Columbia County
- GPS coordinates: N 43° 25.260' W -89° 28.492'
- Gateway to the Wisconsin Dells area and northern Wisconsin.
- Only rest areas in U.S. (along with Rest Area 11) located on three concurrent Interstate Highways.
- Busiest rest areas in Wisconsin (along with Rest Area 11).
- Original rest area opened in 1961, replaced in 1979.
- New building and enlarged site opened in 2010.
- Frank Lloyd Wright "Prairie Style" inspired building design.
- Signature clock tower in the lobby.
- Double restrooms to minimize disruption during cleaning.
- "The Circus" Historical Marker located on site.
Robert Spoerl, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: October 9, 2012
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.