Alert: The following services will be unavailable on Saturday, January 5, 2013 from 12 a.m. (midnight) to 6 a.m. CST due to system maintenance.
Rest area 17, I-39 southbound/I-90 eastbound
Janesville, Rock County
- North of Janesville, Rock County
- I-39 southbound/I-90 eastbound
- Mile marker 168
- GPS coordinates: N 42° 46.470' W -89° 00.295'
- Original rest area opened in 1962.
- New building/enlarged site opened in 1995.
- "Quad" style building.
- Double restrooms to minimize disruption during cleaning.
- Old "Original" style building was located in the picnic area.
- Companion rest area 18 in northbound direction was closed and demolished in 1996.
- "Rock River Industry" Historical Marker located on site.
Robert Spoerl, firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated: November 30, 2012
All external hyperlinks are provided for your information and for the benefit of the general public. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation does not testify to, sponsor or endorse the accuracy of the information provided on externally linked pages. Some pages contain links to other documents and media types (PDF, Word, Flash, Video, etc.) and require free plugins to work. Visit our software information page for assistance.